Tuesday, May 15, 2007

adversity

There is no possible way I can explain the stress, hard work, and insanity that was last week. My hips, lower back, and knees are so sore. We are engrossed with the memorization of our dialogue and so we are reciting one posture each day. I am doing very well with that aspect, although the most common criticisms that I have are that I'm too serious, not joyous, detached, and/or not fun. I'm told not to change my personality, yet be a little more fun(ny) or joyous. Whenever I'm doing something like that, I'm in a meditative state, like being in the darkroom or riding my bike. I like how Iggy Pop puts it:

And, ah... when I'm in the grips of it, I don't feel pleasure and I don't feel pain, either physically or emotionally. Do you understand what I'm talking about? Have you ever, have you ever felt like that? When you just, when you just, you couldn't feel anything, and you didn't want to either. You know, like that? Do you understand what I'm saying, sir?

I'm working on it. I'll flip these sardonic ways. I will acquiesce.


So then somebody decided to steal my bike saddle. Cool. The bike ride was fun on Saturday after visiting Shark's Cove. My thighs felt like they were going to explode. So on Sunday I walked to the bike store and bought a very expensive seat and the wrong sized stem. Cool again. I got to trek it back to the bike shop on my lunch break today. Yeah um...still cool. I guess somebody needed the seat more than me.

I'm going to keep on plugging this week. My hips have to open up soon. Over and out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa.
i guess that explains your incommunicado. sounds rough. hope you are doing okay. sorry to hear about your saddle being ganked.i've been thinking about getting a new one that doesn't cut off the blood flow to my cock, any suggestions?

erin! said...

hey charles. sorry we got interrupted this evening. i hope i didn't sound mean to your friend. all i was trying to say is that i understood where she was coming from, but in order to cope with it, i just have to assume that the nervous state from posture clinic or the post-ass-kicking from class puts people in an altered state. i guess it's sort of giving people the benefit of the doubt, which sounds naive, but if i didn't do it, i'd just walk around hating everyone. remember what craig said last saturday... forgiveness is a selfish act. it releases the chains from your heart.
i dunno, it really struck a chord with me i guess. i was REALLY getting bogged down by other peoples' shit the first two weeks, but have since gotten over it and somewhat embraced it.

anyway, i was wondering if you'd like to hang out this coming weekend? i feel like all our conversations are cut short by yoga camp.

i hope you get lots of good sleep tonight and that no one steals your seat :)