Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day Two Adventures

Well, day two was a pretty cool and adventurous day. I got my bike reassembled and took off onto the streets of Honolulu. Riding in Honolulu is pretty fun although there are a ton of cars and no real bike lane. Navigating the streets can be a little bit interesting, especially when there are crazy potholes and gaping gorges in the road. The ride I rode around, familiarized myself with the city on a general level, bought a new yoga mat, and bought a ton of groceries. I don't know if that was such a good idea considering that the fridge here is sort of no bueno. The temperature is only like half of what it's supposed to be, so it looks like I'm going to have to massively consume my vegetables before they go bad.

I've just been hanging out with Billy and Jason and some other friends. Everybody is really nice here. What an amazing notion. I am really enjoying being here so far. It's not that large of a place, but there are things constantly going on here. I went to a fashion show on the top of a rooftop yesterday. And the day before, I went to see 'As You Like It', a modernized Shakespeare play.

I have to report tomorrow for the Bikram's orientation. I'm excited to get started with the yoga. I know it's going to be a lot of work, but I'm ready to dive in. I'll probably eat those words in about a week when I am writing about how difficult it is. We'll see.

No comments: